Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Maze Runner Movie

   So you guys all might hate me, but I just watched The Maze Runner for the first time last night with my group of friends. Now, I actually have an excuse! Might be stupid, but my leg is still healing so I never had the time to watch If I Stay or What If or The Maze Runner or any other huge movie that came out that I can't think of right now. But we all did a triple date at the movies last night and can I just say how annoying some people can be? I mean seriously you don't talk when theres an intense part in the movie and you don't laugh obnoxiously when someone dies. This is why I don't socialize and I stay holed up with my books.
   Other than those people, the movie was amazing. For the people who haven't read the book or seen the movie, it was a pretty good adaptation. I mean, it wasn't as good as Catching Fire or The Fault In Our Stars but it was pretty amazing! They changed some stuff, but the things that they did change, wasn't a big deal to fuss over about. I really think that you should read the book whether it's before or after you see the movie because there's two other books in the series and it is just so good!
   Don't get me wrong I love The Maze Runner, but the beginning of the book was kind of boring to me and it didn't get better until the middle of the book. But in the movie, it is so much better! I think it's just that James Dashner took his time creating the life of the Maze (which is amazing) so it seemed really slow.
   Anyway, read the books, watch the movie, and enjoy the ride because they both were pretty epic;)
SPOILERS:
   Please do not continue reading until you have seen the movie:)
   Okay so can we just all fangirl for a minute for Dylan O'Brien?! AHH!
   *1 minute later*
   Okay so like omg that movie was pretty good! I was actually really scared that it would be just another terrible book to movie adaptation and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't! The Thomas and Teresa thing was kind of really switched around but I am curious how they will play that out in The Scorch Trials. And I think I liked Newt better in this one than in the book to be honest xD But if you asked the one thing I was most curious about, you can probably guess that I would say the Grievers. And wow they looked a lot like what I pictured in my head! They didn't roll as much as I thought they would from the book, but they poked a lot like how I imagined in my head.
   When we meet Teresa, and she's throwing random things at the boys, everyone in the theater was cracking up xD and there was that one Glader that was like "Are all girls like this?" haha!... Yes... Yes we are. And then there was that time when Mino takes the tracker out of the Griever, that was so nasty like ugh. And speaking of Mino, I swear I've seen him in some other movie before but I can't put a name on it. And it's been bugging me since forever! So if you know where he's from, let me know!
   Okay, back to the book, I think what was really great about it was how they portrayed each character. I love how they just emphasized the people well and they all went along with the book. Sometimes, they don't make someone as bad as they were in the book (like Jeanine Matthews) or the protagonist isn't that great. But in this movie, they did an excellent job!
   I seriously think the movie was great, but can I just say how much they changed the ending?! Sure, of course Chuck and Galley die but W.C.K.D and their whole plan was just so different than the book. I mean I'm pretty sure it was... It's been a while since I've read the book so correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure the lady was there in front of them and not on a screen. And the people in the room were all alive at the time. And the Gladers left in a bus instead of a plane...? I don't know, but I know that that is what they changed the most.
   Other than that, the movie was definitely watch worthy! I would rate it a 4 out of 5 just because I read the book and I think they could have explained things a little but better. But I cannot wait for The Scorch Trials to come out!!! AH! So good job directors and producers and scriptwriters, etc.

No comments :

Post a Comment