Friday, February 20, 2015

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

   Hello everyone! I don't know you guys have any idea how happy it makes me when I get an email saying someone commented on my blog. I love hearing from you guys, seriously! It makes my day <3 I am happy to announce that school was cancelled today! I'm pretty busy this weekend going to my friend's dance competition so I wanted to write a review now, before I get too busy and forget.
   WARNING: if there are any typos or weird grammar as you continue, than I'm sorry, I'm just getting over the EMOTIONAL STATE THIS BOOK PUT ME THROUGH. Also, this story is really intense and I don't think it calls for a funny review, so it will be pretty sober. If you are not looking for that, then this isn't the review for you. Hopefully next week will be more your type ;) On that note, let's get to it! 
   I am learning American Sign Language in school right now. The vocabulary as well as the culture. I am not Deaf so I can't say I know how they feel around us hearing people, but I do understand the the sidelong looks that people give, the too loud whispers. This book, it showed you how hard it is to live when people around you are staring. We live in a world where people stare if you're not what they think is "normal" and it makes people uncomfortable, angry. I know first hand when I broke my leg. I couldn't look at anyone in the eye for the longest time because I didn't want to see their pity (look at My Trip to the Hospital if you want to know about it). Obviously, this is not the same as the man in the book who can't move his arms or anything below the stomach. Or any other person out there that might be even the tiniest related to the man in this book. 
   When I started reading this book, I honestly thought it was just going to be another one of those life-is-perfect-in-the-end books. But it wasn't. And for that, I'm glad. 
   Jojo Moyes did such a terrific job in writing this book, it blew my mind. It showed the struggles in life that some authors miss in their stories. The complications of living in not the wealthiest homes. Finding a job. Hoping and finding nothing at the end. The bad timing in relationships. It showed the happiness in life, too. Having someone to talk to. Facing your fears. Going out of your comfort zone to find something truly amazing. Finding love. This book showed the imperfectness of life so well. Not everything is okay, people are not okay, but you do the best you can out of those moments. 
   I can't give anything away, but this book really opened my eyes on our world. To never take anything for granted. To live life to the fullest. Now, I already knew those things, but it was a huge wake up call. Because you never know what life is going to throw at you, and you need those great times to outshine the shadows. 
   Will and Lou are probably the saddest story I've ever heard about. And probably one of the best. You have no idea how much I cried (and I wouldn't want you to know), but I wouldn't change anything about the story. I wouldn't change the outcome or any of the characters. The life they lived, the people they met. Nothing. 
   This book will forever change your heart. Give this book a read, guys. THEN WE CAN CRY TOGETHER. 

No comments :

Post a Comment