Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Two-Faced by Nia Davnport

*The author gave me an e-copy of this book for an honest review*
   Good evening/morning (depending on where you live) everyone! I know that it's a little weird for me to be making a review in the middle of the week. But I have been asked to read and review three books and I wanted to write my reviews right after I've finished. THREE books! That might not be a lot for some of you out there with amazing blogs, but I just started and ahhh this is awesome <3 Nia Davenport has been amazing enough to ask me to review her book and I took to first chance I had. The story is so amazing, let me tell you. So go pick it up and we can all talk about it! If you want to get the book on Amazon, click here.
   Two-faced is about this assassin, payed to kill the Crowned Prince. But can she do it? I really liked this book. From page one I was intrigued. Zander is absolutely perfect! Confident, yet not arrogant. Beyond handsome. Cares about other people's lives. What more could you ask for? And Skyler is so badass. I absolutely love books that have a strong woman in it. Not that everyone thinks that we girls are weak, but it just shows that we can do the same things that men can do, and sometimes more. So watch out ;) Anyway, yes, I love how Skyler is an assassin. And I like her girly side too; the dresses and make up (what girl doesn't have her girly moments?).
   This book taught me how hard it is to be someone you actually aren't. And how there is forgiveness if you earn it. Not everything has to be so black and white all the time. And the grey areas might be hard and confusing, but it's worth fixing the problem instead of walking away from them.
   I have to say though, as much as I do love this book (and I absolutely do), I wish it was slower-paced. If Nia went more in depth with the details and didn't rush the love connection, than I think this book would have been much better. I felt as though I wasn't able to fully grasp the feeling behind each moment before the next event came into play. And therefore, I have to give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. Hopefully the next one will have a more slower pace :)
   Other than that, I have to really like this book! Did I tell you how much I like the cover? Simple and elegant, yet mysterious and strong. I cannot wait for the second book to come out and read more stories of Zander and Skyler :)
   Unfortunately, I can't go into more depth about this book. I guess you'll just have to go read it to know more ;) You guys have to read it and tell me what you think! I hope you guys liked it as much as I do! Nia, you did a wonderful job on making me ship Zander and Skyler. Would that be Zyler? or Sander? haha I don't really know. How would you guys put it?
   Thank you again Nia for sending me your book :) Let me know when the next one releases ASAP! 

No comments :

Post a Comment