Friday, March 20, 2015

Firefly by P.M Pevato

*The author gave me an e-copy of this book for an honest review*
   Hey everyone! I just had word from school and it has closed today! Yes, today is the first day of spring, I know. Last year, it snowed during spring break! Ugh, the weather these days. And the snow isn't even sticking to the roads! But I'm not complaining, I just got out of my math test ;) Is there any unusual weather where you live?
   I received this book from Paula to give an honest review of the book. If you guys want to get the book on Amazon, click here. Now, to be honest, I wanted to kind of rush through the book and be done quickly so I could get back to reading Voyager. I know, I feel terrible for saying it! Gosh, when I read this book, it totally changed my mind set! I wanted to read and take it slow, enjoy the story.
   Speaking of, I really did like the story. It was very original to me. I haven't read a book in a while solely based on witches, so it was a nice read :) I liked all of the friends and people. I even liked that annoying Cooper guy! Haha. And while reading this book, I was amazed by all the metaphors thrown in there. I don't know why, but they really were so deep and meaningful. I could picture what she was saying and relate it to what happened in the book! Just so spot on ;)
   The author explained to me that she wanted Em (the female protagonist) to not fall into love so quickly, something she found important from being a girl herself ;) And I thought that was really amazing. Love is amazing and wonderful, but I read too many books where the two start saying 'I love you' a week after they meet; it loses to meaning of saying 'I love you' even though they do end up together at the end. It shouldn't be something you say right away but a saying you say to the right people.
   Ben (the male protagonist) was well written, too. The way he felt about himself is just so... saddening. He is so good inside and he doesn't see that </3 I personally liked reading his side of the story more (there are two POV's). I wish I could just reach into the book and hug him. Just to let him know that he shouldn't do anything stupid. Em needs you Ben!
   There are only a couple things  I would like to criticize about this book. I wish there was some way to differentiate whether something is a Vision or not. I tended to get confused on most of the Visions, never knowing when one started or ended until I it says 'I woke up', but then I was confused through the whole time reading the Vision that I have to re-read it. At the end of the book, I thought Em was in a Vision or Dream but it turned out the be real life? Another minor/preference thing is that I wish Ben's POV started earlier. Although he does say how he felt about what happened in the beginning of the book, I kind of wanted to know at that moment how he felt and what was going through his mind.
   Other than those two things, it was awesome!! I know it sounded like a lot of bad things, but it really wasn't. I thoroughly enjoyed this story :) I'd give this book a 4 out of 5 stars! I really want to read the next one! OMG PAULA THAT WAS SUCH A CLIFF HANGERRRR. WHERES THE NEXT ONE???
   That's all for my review today :) Hope you guys enjoyed my review! And go get the book! You'll like it!
SPOILERS:
   Please do not continue reading until you have read the book :)
   WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! IS SHE DEAD??? I mean theres book two coming I think... she can't be dead.... unless Ben ends up figuring out if he wants to stay alive or die and be with Em again... BUT NO IT CANT HAPPEN! Ahhhhh I need to second book! 

No comments :

Post a Comment