Friday, March 6, 2015

Rebel Song by Amanda J Clay

*The author gave me an e-copy of this book for an honest review*
   Hello everyone! So yesterday, where I live, we had a full day of snow and got about 10 inches! I don't know if that's usual or unusual for where you guys live, but it was a lot for me! All that shoveling the past couple months sure helped me stay fit xD
   Okay, so I received this e-copy for an honest review. If you would like to get Rebel Song on Amazon, click here. Sarah was nice enough to give it to me, and I apologize for taking so long on getting to this book! There are so many books I need to read and review and I'm trying to get through all of them.
   I honestly liked this book. It was a good story and really cool (and sometimes funny) characters. There are always stories about star-crossed lovers, but this one I really liked :) I thought it was funny because they knew they could never be together, but they still found ways to sneak into each others' lives.
   When reading this book, I thought that it would only be one or two POVs but it was just about everyone! The POVs were very strategic in who was thinking what and I thought that was really great and smart of Sarah to do that :) It was a nice surprise. I think the first different POV (one that wasn't Rogen or El) was Ben. I'm normally quick to learn when a POV changes, so when I noticed it was Ben, I was surprised. I didn't know why Sarah would want to show his side, but when I understood, I was all like 'Yes, that was perfect'.
   I really liked Rogen. Strong and smart (most of the time) and fights for what he believes in. He can be so arrogant sometimes when he is faced with someone he doesn't like and wants to hide his emotions. El, is complicated. I liked her, what she believes in and going against the government. Pretty, funny, and girly, she is very much underestimated by the people around her who don't know her smart, strong-headed side. I just wish that she was more... strong. Not physically, but she was always doubting herself and never thought of ways to fix things. And she is strong in arguing with so political powers but when she is with herself, she was down all the time. Those were the moments where I just want to say 'Just think of something better!' haha
   Other than that, I really liked it! I'm hoping for more from the story :) So if you have another one releasing, let me know! I'd be more than happy to read it :) So you guys, pick up the book and read! I really hope you guys like it, too!

2 comments :

  1. Hey! I got this book, too and I'm even more excited to read this now. Thanks for the great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's awesome and means so much :) Tell how you like it when you finish!

      Delete