Saturday, April 25, 2015

Birthday Recommendations!!!

   I'm back, everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't been on my social media as much as I used to be. The spring time is the time for my finals and all of the hardest units I have to learn for the year :/ So annoying, but after that, I'll be freeeeeeeee *starts playing What Time Is It-High School Musical song*. Ahhhh I can't wait for those summer days, filled with reading and writing xD
   Speaking of reading, I'm in a terrible reading slump, and I don't know what to do! I mean, the books I'm reading (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, and Cupcake Kisses on Wattpad) are so great, trust me! I guess I'm just not motivated to read right now, which totally sicks, I hate reading slumps. It's probably from all the studying I have to do for school, I feel like my brain is taking enough stuff in.
   Anyway, my birthday is coming up on Wednesday and I wanted to give you guys something for being awesome and reading my blog! So today, I'm going to share with you my top 5 books I've read so far. They aren't in any particular order, but just what book that comes up in my mind first ;) So here we go!

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
   Is it sad that I didn't know that this was going to be turned into a movie until a very nice friend on Goodreads told me? Yes, I think it's very sad because this is one of my all-time favorite books. So thank you, said friend!!! If you read the summary of this book, it doesn't really do it justice. I got this book on my kindle because it was on sale for $1.99 and it was just something to read. I didn't think I'd actually love it as much as I do! But I do, I love it, and in my opinion, there isn't one thing that I hate about this book! I love it so much I had to get the hardcover copy of it xD It's just so sad and happy and amazing and devastating all in one! Some might say it's a book 'girls' normally would read because it's contemporary, but really, I'd suggest this book to anyone who'd listen to me. It honestly changed my life and how I thought of things. You all probably hear 'enjoy life while you can' too many times, but ahhh this just makes me get it. I really can't explain how amazing it is without giving anything away, so you just have to trust me on it, and read it! I can't wait until the sequel to this comes out (After You) and for the movie to come!!! GO GO GO READDD! 

Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon

   Okay, if you guys follow me on Twitter or Goodreads, you probably expected this one. I am not a huge history nerd and historical fiction books normally bore me to death. But this one? Oh man, this totally changed meeeee. My friend recently asked me 'if there was one place you wanted to go you've never been before, where would it be?' Now, it used to be Rome or Paris, but now? Hell yes, it's Scotland ;) I read this book because on Twitter, everyone was talking about it! Sasha Alsberg talked about it all the time in her videos and Twitter and I just had to see what this huge book was all about. I read what it was all about and decided that it didn't look so boring. I didn't really expect how everything played out. I seriously didn't expect all of the twist and turns and how amazing Diana's writing style is. Like OMG AHHHHHHH!!!! *fangirling* it just hits me how awesome it is! I have to save money to get book four, but when I do, I'm gonna have a huge fangirl session on Twitter, don't you worry ;) I can finally watch the Outlander on Starz now!!!! I cannot wait for the next episode tonight, it's gonna be EPICCCC

The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare
   Now, this book nearly killed me so it has every right to be a part of this post. Cassandra Clare's writing for this trilogy is beyond me. It just amazes me how everything comes together so well. If you asked me if I was a Wessa or Jessa shipper, I wouldn't be able to tell you because I'm both. What I really loved about this story is that whoever she's with, she's loyal to them. It just shows you that you can love two people at once and it's both tragic and wonderful at the same time. I think I like The Infernal Devices more than The Mortal Instruments just because I like these characters more. Not saying that I don't love TMI, because I do and City of Heavenly Fire was just phenomenal <3 but ahh I just loved this one! I love how everything is just brought together so... elegantly. It really makes me feel like I'm in their time and I'm with them where ever they are, that's what a book should do to you. Make you feel it, like it's a part of you. 

The Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout
   Now, it's not a proper recommendation without the famous JLA. I have to say, she is one of my favorite authors of all time. Well, all of these authors are my top favorites xD but you guys know what I mean. One thing I love about Jennifer is that I feel like she really cares about us readers. On Wattpad, she has extras on her books and she's currently writing a book on there that people can read! I love how I can read it while she's writing and it's like I'm helping her with the process of the book when I comment on it (even though I'm probably not xD) . Okay, same thing here. I read this book because so many people were talking about this 'Daemon Black' dude and I was like 'who is this person?' and so I read this book. Again, I wasn't a huge sci-fi reader until I started reading this book. Now, it's my favorite series and genre! Aliens are so hot! Well, Daemon is, at least ;) Gosh, I ship Katy and Daemon soooo hard it's not even funny! They never annoyed me and they work so well together!!! Jennifer's stories are just so amazing <3 I met her during the summer at the Turn The Page Book Signing (for more details, look at the TTP Book Signing Experience in the Blog tab) and she is just so nice and down to earth. She even liked my obsidian necklace and showed me her obsidian ring!!! I swear my voice was so squeaky because I was just so happy, I probably made a huge fool of myself. Anyway, I love this book and all of Jennifer's books! So go read them! 

Legend trilogy by Marie Lu
   I love this whole series but this last one was especially my favorite out of all three. Probably because of the end... oh man, the end of this just broke me. My mom, who heard me crying from the other side of the house, said it sounded like 'my heart just literally broke in two'... and it's not that far off. GOSHHH IT WAS SO BEAUTIFULLY TRAGIC! YOU MUST READ THIS SERIES NOW! Like seriously. My friend can't get past the second one, Prodigy, and I don't understand why, but I guess this book isn't for everyone. But gosh, I hope she gets through it so she can get to the end of Champion. It makes me want more of Day and June. They're both street-smart, strong, and understand each other even if they are complete opposites. They just fit so well! So when the whole love triangle came, because there is always one, I was so mad! Can't they just see they're perfect for each other? Anyway, the ending was so sad and happy and beautiful! Even my mo cried when she read it.. and she never cries! Like it's so rare. The only time she cried in a book is Champion and Clockwork Princess. I loved it so much. It's worth like ten million stars out of ten.

   Well, that's five books! I just realized all of them are sort of red except the Lux series xD I guess Daemon just has to be different xD I hope you guys get to read these if you haven't already! They are seriously top-notch. All of these authors just amaze me on how well they write. I just can't fathom how they do it! Again, these books aren't in any order. They are all considered number one on my list so Champion is just as wonderful as Me Before You to me. Tell me how you like any of them! I love hearing your answers :) Thank you so much for reading this! I hope you guys didn't mind it :) Tell me if I should post more recommendations or if you like me to just stick with reviews! 

   I have to go now. Next week, I might be doing a no-technology weekend, so if I am, I'll just see you the weekend after! Later everyone! <3

No comments :

Post a Comment