Monday, May 4, 2015

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

   Welcome :) Sorry, I'm a little late for this review. I promised it during the weekend and now it's Monday where I live... I feel like I haven't been on here in forever when it's only been a week! I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be as active on here or any social media probably until the school year ends for me (June 16th). There's a lot of havoc going around at school because I am so nervous for all of my finals and Standards of Learning tests I have to take!
   Also, I posted chapters 2 and 3 of my book Dream Catcher on Wattpad! Sorry it took me forever, I couldn't post the second chapter without the third because I had a lot of changes I wanted to make before I published it xD Click here if you want to read my story :) If you do, tell me how you like it! Good or bad, it doesn't matter ;) But nonetheless, I hope you guys enjoy it <3
   Alright, onto the review! I just want to say how thankful I am for this book <3 It got me out of this huge reading slump I had before I picked this up. Now, it's all cured thanks to Violet and her awesome, yet terrifying, powers. If you want to get this book on Amazon, click here (wow, it's really popular on Amazon, it's like almost out of stock right now)!
   Man, this story is so unique. I've never read a book or read a sypnosis (is that how you spell it?) about a girl who can feel where dead people are and who killed them. Like wow... that takes imagination right there, who would have thought to write about that? That's a question I have for the author ;) : How did you come up with such a distinctive story?
   When I first started this book, I really liked how mysterious and creepy everything already was. I really like fast books when it comes to the action books. It wasn't too drawn out and really kept me on my toes. It first starts off as Violet as a little girl, finding something that no one, not even an adult should see. Gosh, I can't imagine how terrified I'd be. It's so amazing how strong she pulled through.
   I also really like the two POV's. When I realized the killer was the second POV, I was like AHHHH! That's so awesome because very few books have the antagonist as the second POV. It's such huge plot twist when 'The Truth' comes out. Like I never expected him to be the evil guy!.. I actually didn't know who it was... no one was suspicious to me. And I love that. This book was so unpredictable, except for who Violet falls in love with, but that was a given ;)
   Violet is a strong girl. She might not be able to fight, but to be able to see two dead bodies? That takes some special strength. And to see dead bodies in the ground? To see people that's killed animals and humans? If I were her, I'd probably lock myself in my room after third grade. I like how she didn't hide her gifts from her parents and they didn't shun her or anything. That really shows that they all have a good relationship and it makes me happy to read that :) It's nice to see a family that really comes together and is there always for each other.
   I really can't find anything to criticize about this book. The male interest was totally reasonable in everything, the protagonist didn't annoy me at all (which takes skill), the family was so supportive, and the story is beyond unique. All I can say is that I'm saving up all my money to buy the sequel <3

   So sorry, Kimberly, that I didn't write a longer review. I could spend days talking about your book and I have to hold myself back ;) And I have to catch up on my sleep for a huge math test tomorrow *sigh*.
Anyway, for those of you who have read The Body Finder, tell me what you think! And if you haven't read it, I'm giving this a five our of five stars... which basically means you have to read this ASAP. 

No comments :

Post a Comment