Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Billy and the Cloneasaurus by Stephen Kozeniewski

*The author gave me an e-copy of this book for an honest review*
   Hello everyone! I am so much more busier than I thought I would be this summer! I have to organize my book and write it, do book reviews, work on my AP Psych summer assignment, do SAT Prep classes, work out at the gym, and fit in some time to read! Hopefully some of the stuff will fly by quickly :) I try to read and write as much as possible, so for those of you waiting for me to update Wattpad or Goodreads, I'm doing one of those things I listed above ;)
   Okay, this book was given to me in the beginning of March... it's nearly July... I am deeply sorry Stephen! During the spring, I had to study for finals and now I am stuck with all of this other stuff :/ But I am done with your book! And I have to say, it wasn't what I expected.
   If any of you would like to get this book on Amazon, click here.
   As I said, this book isn't what I expected. I looked at the cover and didn't think I liked it. I know, people always say never to judge a book by it's cover, but we all do. That's why we have covers, to draw attention to the book so more people will be likely to pick it up. There's this 40 year old man with a dinosaur. I have nothing against middle-aged men or dinosaurs, but that's not really the type of books I normally read. But, Stephen asked me to read it and the summary didn't sound so bad, so I went and accepted his request.
   First opening this book, the numbers really threw me off. I knew going in that the people were all named 'Will' and they were differentiated by numbers, but it was hard to get used to. I think I did start to get used to it around halfway through. It was confusing, but I am glad that Kozeniewski didn't put too many numbers in, or I would never know who they were talking about.
   Other than that, everything else was very well put together. The writing flowed together, the story line was original. Of course, I can't really judge the originality of the story since I've never read a book about cloning. The plot flowed together... and the ending omg.
   No spoilers but I actually liked the ending ;) haha.
   Another thing I liked about this book is the message behind it. I don't know if it was Kozeniewski meant for it to be a message, but it really made me think about how different we all are today. We all have different skin color, size, shape, and belief, but people all try to fit in with the crowd and that's not good. Imagine what our life would be like if we lived in a world like this book? I'd not want to be the same as everyone else.
   Anyway, to those of you who like the cloning books and books about how our world might be like in the future, you should really get on this book! Not really action-packed, but it does give you something to think about. And it does make you appreciate how different we all are today instead of all trying to be the same.
   I know this is one of my shorter reviews, but I really do need to get on with my other work. I'll see y'all soon with another review! 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for taking the time to review my book, Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more than happy to! Let me know if you need anything else.

      Delete