Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

   Hello everyone! Look, there are three posts in one week and it's only Tuesday! Haha I really need to work out a schedule to manage my work outs, studying, reading, writing, and blogging. Dang, I really don't get a lazy summer. But that's okay because you all and books are all worth it and I really need to get a work out going... I really need to start liking the idea of running hahahaha.
   Anyway, on the this AMAZING book <3 Seriously, I don't know why I've waited this long to read this book. I think that there was so much hype about it that I was afraid it wouldn't live to my high expectations. Like TFIOS by John Green? Everyone was raving about it and, though I did love it, it wasn't as great as everyone said. Don't get me wrong, I did cry in the book and movie and I did like it, but it wasn't the "ohmygawsh you have to read this omgomgomg shhhhhh John Green!" for me. Before you start yelling at me, yessss I do love John Green as much as the next reader. There was just so much talk and talk about it that I thought it'd be more and it kinda ruined it for me.
   So, back on track, I didn't want the Red Queen to be like that for me. Because I know it was good even before I read it. Just like I know TFIOS is amazing. I just didn't want to be disappointed when everyone on Twitter is getting the feels that I didn't feel.
   But to my deepest pleasure, this book did NOT disappoint and it did more than just please me. This book, the Red Queen, was everything I hoped it would be and more <3 So before I begin my review, if you would like to get this book on Amazon, GO NOW AND CLICK HERE.
   This book... I really don't even know where to start. From the beginning I guess. As I said before, I was going in thinking- but hoping it wouldn't happen- that this would be a disappointment. It really wasn't. I don't know what to expect with the story line but I know it wasn't what I got. The synopsis does not give it justice. From the very beginning of the book to the end, it always had something happening. I know, technically there's always something happening. But Red Queen left me at the edge of my seat through the whole thing. One minute, it's morning and I just finished breakfast, wanting to read and the next, it's almost dinner time.
   The writing was phenomenal. Every detail was written smoothly and strategically. I knew exactly what every room looked like (or how I saw is given the description), and knew exactly how every character behaved. I think it was the writing that got me interested in the book on page one than the actual story. Not that the story was bad, but it was so amazing how someone can write so well. I say that with a lot of authors, but it is so true. How do authors write with so much awesomeness that I can see everything they write? Yeah yeah, imagery. But it's still awesome.
   Another thing I loved about this book is how realistic it was. Aside from the super-powers. The way Mare thought was really realistic. Like how she went off and on about the brothers. She was taught to be tough from where she lived and she didn't trust anyone. So you would understand that one wrong move from one of them will send her on edge and make her hate him, even if she doesn't want to.
   With Cal, he loved Mare, but he would always do what a sign would do. He wasn't someone that would do everything in his power to save a girl if it meant his kingdom would burn. I liked that too. Don't get me wrong, I am totally on Team Cal, but life isn't always about love. There's barriers in between them and they just need space to find out a way to break them.
   Their relationship isn't perfect by a long shot. Emphasis on long. BUT I STILL BELIVE IN THEM. And guys. MAVEN. No spoilers, but damn. That's really all I can say without giving everything away. But damn. Hahahaha.
   This book was so good. I'm glad I got to enjoy it <3 Seriously, male or female, I would highly recommend this book. Especially if you like reading about super powers xD Really great and fast-paced. 5/5 stars for me, Victoria! Cannot wait to see the cover of the sequel, Glass Sword, and then get my hands on it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment