Thursday, July 2, 2015

Initiation by Jen Lemons

*The author gave me an e-copy of this book for an honest review*
   Back with a review! I got this book on March 23rd... But at least I finished it! Haha if you want to get this book on Amazon, click here.
   Alright, I have to say, I was surprised that by the end of the book, I was saddened that it ended. I only have to say that I was surprised because of some of the things I didn't like about this book. But don't get me wrong, I really loved the story line and the plot. Very cool going inside of what hit men do xD
   There are only two things that I didn't like about the story. The first one is the age difference between Jinx and Ace. I mean I know she's 18 so she's legal to do... stuff... but 20 years apart? That's just weird. I know that actually happens with quite a few people out there but still. And he wasn't ever the kindest person... like ever. The only time he was nice was at the end and I even felt that that was fake, because he needed something from her. Jen Lemons actually told me it was because of her daddy issues. That makes sense. I don't know, maybe because I'm just a sucker for people like X. I wanted him and Jinx to get together <3 So much so that I had a dream last night that I was reading the sequel and she realized X was what she really wanted and needed. Haha wow I'm really weird.
   The other thing that I didn't like about this book was how annoying Jinx was. I know she is the alter ego of Sam, and she has this huge sexual tension with Ace, but sometimes she went to far and it just got annoying. Like give it a break, you're looking desperate. I do like her sassy side, because we all need a little fun when times are hard, but Jinx just needed to be serious when she needed to be, not just when she's about to die or someone bitch-slaps some sense into her (sorry for the language).
   Those were really the only two problems and that's probably only because I'm Team X haha. I mean, she did show signs of liking him a lot but with his stupid but reasonable "no friends" policy, she didn't do anything about it. I feel like Sam would pick X over Ace, but she's like... not there haha. Ugh, Jinx ruins everything even if her name is pretty badass ;)
   Anyway, like I said, I really like this book. I was awesome to see in my head how they train and what they do. It's like a more realistic Throne of Glass because there aren't any Fae involved (who's ready for Queen of Shadows?!).
   I also really liked seeing her development in her family history throughout the book. It was really interesting to see how everything went down with her mom and then how much her dad changed after it. It was also nice how she opened up to X (See? Should be with X). It showed that she wasn't holding up all the anger inside her anymore, or at least not as much. Because we wouldn't want to know what would happen if that anger exploded.
   It was actually really sad, finding out about her mom. I think the thing that really made me feel for her was how much she loved her mom. How much she missed her. And I mean, she missed her a lot because even the alter ego cries for her mom and decorates her room a certain way so she would have something of her mom overtime she walks into the room. That's just... wow. I don't even know what I'd do without my mom. My life would just... crash. So yeah, I really really liked how much she loved her mom.
   I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars :) I really hope you guys go and get the book! It's really cool ;) I always love reading about badass girls (girl power!) so if you like that and action and killers, definitely pick this book up.
   That's it for today! Hope you guys enjoyed! I will be back with that review for Snow Like Ashes soon... I remember writing about everything! I don't know what happened to it :( Anyway, I'll rewrite it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment