Thursday, July 9, 2015

When Rain Rises by Sirus Hunt

*The author gave me an e-copy of this book for an honest review*
   Hello everyone! If you are seeing things changing around on this blog, that's just me trying new things to see how it looks and for the convenience for you all. I'm hoping to finish it all up today, but you never know ;)
   Okay, so this book was really good. And I stress out 'good'. I highly recommend this book to you all that like the action books and arrogant but funny protagonists xD So if you would like to get this book on Amazon, click here. It hasn't gotten a lot of reviews, even though it's super awesome, but so far, the people that have read it, have loved it.
   On to this review! I first want to say that I absolutely love this title. I don't know about you, but it's just so... beautiful? The protagonist's name is Rain, but if you didn't know that and you saw this title, I'd still pick this book up. It's like rain defying gravity, kind of like Rain (the protagonist) being a 'legend'.
   Anyway, the content of When Rain Rises is just as cool. It first started off weird, talking about work and not wanting to go to war. Then about his family and how poor they were. Now, that small part in the very beginning of the book was a little boring for me, but once you keep reading, you understand why Sirus put it in there.
   A few pages after that happens, that's when all of the action stuff comes in. The whole story after that is either fighting, training to fight, or figuring out what's happening (which is just as interesting).
   This girl comes into the picture, Alyse. And I mean, right off the bat, I like her. She is pretty snooty, but she's loyal. And badass. And tough. And awesome. I totally ship her with Rain. She is another protagonist in this story. Alyse and Rain have to work together in order to figure out all of the mysterious events that always happen around them. At first, Alyse hates him because of her hatred for 'street-born'. But as the story carries on, she starts to hate him less (ahhh yessss). I actually understand how Rain can be annoying. He's arrogant and thinks he's all that. But for some reason, the book was written in a way where he wasn't over-doing it. He was arrogant, yes, but to be honest, he's allowed to be arrogant if he's that good at reading people and situations. He figured basically everything out by himself and sometimes before his own mentor figured it out.
   But another girl comes in. She's not someone I like so much. Rain might like her because of who beautiful and cool she is, but the way she treats Alyse wasn't right. And yeah, Alyse might not be the friendliest, but you can't just treat Alyse like she's no one. I see some competition for Rain over here ;) And when she was over at Rain's house and his mom walked in? You can't just let her assume that happened! Might be funny, but that's just wrong.
   Anyway, I don't want to give too much away. You'll have to read the book for all those spoilers ;) On the technical side of it, When Rain Rises is still great! Sirus did a wonderful job writing. His writing style was perfect and there were little to no spelling or grammar mistakes.
   There was just one thing. I don't know if it was just the format that was sent to me, but the chapters were a little screwed up. It skipped from seven to nine and chapter eight was after fourteen. Fifteen was nonexistent and it skipped to sixteen. Twenty-four was nonexistent. This didn't really confuse me. Aside from chapter eight being moved down into somewhere later on in the book, the story flowed smoothly. I didn't realize the chapters where weird until I had to look at my table of contents on my phone after reading chapter eight and realized something was weird.
   So since the overall story still flowed, I didn't take off too many points for the format. I would actually give this book a 5/5 stars. It filled my days with so much adventure, cool technology, and badass fighters. Again, if you like that kind of stuff while you're reading, go and pick this book up! It needs more recognition than it currently has!
   Hope you guys enjoyed this review! I'll be reviewing again soon! 

1 comment :

  1. Great review! I haven't heard of this book before, but after reading your thoughts, I'm thinking I'm going to have to check it out! The cover is super pretty :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete