Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wonderwall by M H Soars

*The author gave me an e-ARC of this book for an honest review*
Rating:
3.7

Synopsis:
   There is something magical when best friends fall in love. Live and Sebastian used to be inseparable until circumstances beyond their control destroyed their fairytale romance to dust.  
   Live hasn't seen Sebastian since he walked out of her life five years ago. When she accepted her internship in London, she never dreamed their paths would cross again. Not when Sebastian is a celebrity, a singer in one of the most popular boy bands of all times. Living in the same city, their worlds couldn't be farther apart. But when two people are destined to be together, they can't outrun fate. 

Links to Buy:
Amazon

Review:
   I am so happy to be typing up this review. I haven't been able to type any book related stuff (my stories, the plots for my stories... etc.) in what feels like forever! So being able to type about anything book related sends me some serotonin in my body. Haha not a lot of you will get that, but I'm taking AP Psych right now and I'm trying to incorporate things I learned in class into life so I can better understand Psychology... it's tough, man... I'm such a nerd.
   Anyway, this is actually a special post. Maybe not really, but it is to me. M. H. Soars reached out to me and asked me to review her book. I told her I could, but because of how busy I was, I said the review probably wouldn't be done until the release date (October 24). She said that that was fine, and sent me an e-ARC of the book.
   Well one day, as I was graciously procrastinating on homework, I opened my Kindle to Wonderwall. Thinking that I'd just read a few pages to get a feel of the book, I started to read. As it turns out, I ended up finishing the book in just a couple of days xD I actually finished reading this book a week ago, but haven't been able to type up my review until now. I'm just pleased to say that I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.
   With contemporary romance novels, I'm very picky with how much story line there is. Some book I've read and all it consisted of was sex, or thoughts of sex. And though the writing was great, I needed more of a story line. I'm so glad that while reading this book, it had a story line! A huge, great, heart-throbbing storyline. I loved how Michelle put in both Liv's and Sebastian's POV's in there so I had a glimpse of what both of them were thinking. In this book, I thought it was crucial to know both sides, or else you wouldn't have understood anything at all.
   Liv is a girl with a broken heart. She fell in love, thought she fell out of love, but realized she's loved her best friend the whole time. With Liv, you can see her desperately trying to do the right thing, but her love overcomes everything else. In some cases, it was good and sweet. Other times it tended to be annoying and I didn't agree with some of her methods. I don't know, I like Liv and how conservative or questioning she can be, because it reminds me of me in some ways. But her rush to risk her job or life for the sake of love felt a little overwhelming. I've never been in love, but I can't see myself doing that. Therefore, I didn't really connect with her at times.
   Sebastian also has a broken heart, though his runs deeper than just his love for a girl. Something tragic happened in his life, causing him to make some unwise decisions. One of the many things I loved about Sebastian is how hurt and broken we was. Not that it brought be joy, but I got to see and understand him. I knew that that's the reason why he is where he is in life. With him, his mistakes, while not justified, felt less critical than Liv's. His emotional and heart-wrentching background made me feel more empathy for him than for Liv, and for that, I enjoyed reading his POV better... also because it's interesting to read how guys are so tough on the outside but they're marshmallows on the inside for the people they love xD
   Surprisingly enough, I didn't come across any part of the book that made me want to throw my phone across the room... as I normally do with contemporary romance. I enjoyed how the book was more story than sex, and even though they both thought of each other constantly, they weren't super-glued together throughout the book. Also, the fights they had weren't just fluff, but they both had good reasons to be mad and annoyed at the other. Whereas other books have just one story line, this one actually had many other ones too. Liv's friends had mini stories that gave you a break from Liv's relationship and got you interested in other people other than the two main characters. It made the book more realistic because as much as some people love to believe it, not everything revolves around a sole person. I loved the realistic part of the book, if you couldn't tell already ;) It made reading more riveting and just an easier read overall.
   Sebastian's choices through the book were the only things I didn't appreciate in this novel. Though I did say that his actions were more understandable because of the situation he was in, it still doesn't take away moral respect for other people. Breaking promises, breaking hearts, breaking noses. Sebastian had a bratty side to him that he didn't have as an adolescent, but something he probably acquired after the incident. Whenever it was, his need for love was so strong that he didn't properly see the whole picture, which is how everything just hit the fan all the time.
   Overall, I was thoroughly satisfied with almost everything about the Wonderwall. When I got to the end, I was SO HAPPY to learn that Sebastian's best friend, Oliver, and Liv's best friend, Saylor, are going to have their own novel! The little excerpt Michelle leaves you at the end of the book is filled with so much hotness and chemistry between the two, I already know Wreck of the Day will be just as amazing as this one, if not more than.
   So happy that I got to read and review this book early! I cannot wait to read more of Soars' books :D

No comments :

Post a Comment