Thursday, December 31, 2015

AMANI: Reveal by Lydhia Marie

*The e-copy of this book was given to me in exchange for an honest review*
Rating:
3

Synopsis:
   Amya Priam is a Seraph; she has the ability to send her soul to Sojourn into other people's bodies. And for some unknown reason, she is valuable to a group of Rascals, creatures who look like normal human beings but feed on humanity.
   She, her friend, Samera Cohen, and Xander Macfrey have returned safely to the Protecters of Amani Headquarters after their escapade in England. But this feeling of security is soon shattered when Protecters from all around the world insist that Xander receive the death penalty for crimes he hasn't committed. 
   Before any solution can be worked out, however, a bigger problem arises. HQ falls under attack, forcing the trio seek safety in a small Canadian city called Sherbrooke, where new discoveries and danger lurk around every street corner. 

Links To Buy:
Amazon
Books-A-Million
Barnes & Noble

Review:
   I'm back! I have less than one week until school starts again and I'm trying to get as much reading, writing, and (unsuccessfully) blogging in as possible. I'm definitely more busy than I originally thought this break, but it's been amazing not having to think about homework and tests. Unfortunately, I started studying recently for a test that I have the day I get back... why, oh why?
   Anyway, I have some awesome news! My brother got me a microphone and webcam for me to start BookTubing! I'm really nervous because I don't really out myself out there and this is really.... putting myself out there. But I'm excited to be starting this summer! So if any of you wanna watch my first (probably terrible) video, I'll update you guys about it soon!
   I was so excited when Lydhia Marie emailed me and asked me to review her second book for her. It's always an honor to hear from past authors I've reviewed for. In her email, she also notified me that she's now selling cover designs for authors that are in need of them! They're pretty cheap and they all look really awesome. If you don't like anything, you can also make a custom design and you and Lydhia will be able to work something out together. I think it's a fantastic idea; if I ever need a cover, she'd be the first I go to! If you want to check her website out, click here.
   Okay, onto the review. I was so happy when I had the chance to read this book! Amya and Xander are so good together, honestly don't know why she hasn't given him a chance yet. It's obvious that Amya likes him and he's there waiting for her this whole time. I mean, I guess I can understand Amya. Actually... Now that I think about it, this is the best thing about Amya. In most books, the girl is sitting there thinking about the guy she likes so much that she forgets about this bigger problems at hand. With Amya, she puts everything aside until the threat is over and then she thinks about everything else in life. Which can be a good and bad thing. Sometimes you need to give yourself a break from all the negative things and focus on more... teenager troubles.
   There were just three things I didn't really love about this book. The first one is that it incorporated Judaism into the book. Now, I would've been totally fine that it did, that's not what I was confused about. I just didn't... see the point in adding that in there? I mean it didn't have anything to do with the story line and had a very small significance to the story. Who knows, maybe we'll find out in the next book!
   Another thing that didn't particularly favor me was that there was a lot of story line and not enough action. I love a great story line and character development, but compared to the first book I felt this one was a bit more slower paced. I hope the next book has a lot more fighting because how it ended, there's just got to be, haha.
   The last thing I didn't really favor was the way some of the words were put together... or lack thereof. Contractions were lacking when there was dialog. So if someone would normally say "don't", the dialog would be "do not" and make the person speaking sound not as smooth as a normal person would be.
   Other than that, the book was phenomenal. I really enjoyed the plot twists in this book; the way I learned something new about the protagonist in almost every chapter. She is definitely an interesting person ;)
   I would really love it if you guy went and got this book! It would do Lydhia a huge favor so she can keep self-publishing! This series is definitely one of a kind and I'm so glad I had the chance to follow the story!
   Also, don't forget about the book covers that she's selling on her website!
   Okay everyone, I have to go to a brunch with my family now, but I hope you all have a happy new year! I'm so grateful of you guys for reading my blog. Thank you, I love you guys!

No comments :

Post a Comment