Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Dream Literary Collection

   I'm back, everyone!
   So a couple weeks ago Ryan, a man from Invaluable.com, reached out to me and asked me to write a post about what my dream literary collection would be! I was so honored that he asked me and I feel so bad that it's not until now that I'm posting this! But I just spent most of my day looking through their website and let me tell you, they have some very fascinating stuff! But without further ado, let's get to my dream literary collection.
   So the first thing that caught my eye was the very first edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Of course, it would be doubly awesome if it was signed but I could always visit JKR for that ;)
   Confession: when I tried to read this series when I was younger, I did not like this series at all. Then I watched the movies and it was awesome, so my best friend finally demanded that I read the series again. Well obviously I did and I loved it!!! It would be amazing if I had this book and my said friend would be insanely jealous (I guess I can let her borrow it ;) )
 
   This next book is a book about Helen Keller (obviously) and I find Helen a really intriguing person. Apparently this book is written by one of Helen's old friends named Bess Hay and has her signature! Which is so cool.
   I'm taking American Sign Language in school and we've talked about Helen Keller a few times about her deafness. I also take AP Psych and we've talked about Helen in more depth and just fascinated me even more. So yeah, I'd love to get my hands on this book and read more about her, written by someone close to her!
   One book I wish I saw but didn't was a first edition of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I have a pretty cool version I bought from Books-A-Million, but it'd be so amazing if I just had the first edition of this one. Honestly, I haven't been able to finish the book because of school, but so far the book is AMAZING! I love it and I hope to get back to it soon.

   These are just a tiny fraction to what Invaluable has. If you love antiques, they're the place to go! And they don't just have first edition books, I also looked at a few maps they have along with some antique items and it's all very amazing! Thank you again Ryan for letting me write my dream literary collection using some of the books you have on your website! It was so fun looking though everything :)
  Well that's all for today! I'll be back with a review ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment