Saturday, February 6, 2016

After Impact by Nicole Stark

*The author gave me an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
Rating:
3.5

Synopsis:
   At first, HOPE (Humanity's One Plan for Escape) habitat appears to be a well-oiled machine, preparing 5,000 carefully chosen inhabitants for a new Earth. However, a medical assistant named Ilium reveals that certain members of the habitat have been falling ill from a mysterious virus they were inoculated against. Soon, the tranquil illusion of HOPE habitat is shattered as Avalon plays a perplexing message left by her father. If Avalon is to survive this dangerous new environment, she will have to find the strength to navigate a habitat enveloped in secrets. 

Links to Buy:
Amazon

Review:
   I am so happy an author gave me a science-fiction book to review, because I've been missing that from my life and I'm so happy it's back! When Nicole asked me to review her book for her, I actually didn't expect to finish it so quickly because I had two other books to review. But what do you know? I opened it up and I couldn't stop reading.
   After Impact is a great book for those in need of some suspense thriller. There's a lot that goes on in this book, it's just one crazy, thrilling ride.
   Avalon, the protagonist in the book, is the daughter of the man who came up with the HOPE habitat. She, herself, is brilliant with computers and me wanting to be in computer forensics... well I hope I'm as cool as her ;) Anyway, Avalon goes through this journey of unexpectedly waking up already with doubts about everyone. Her father made her doubt the people in the habitat (for good reason), but it makes everything so much harder for her. Which sucks. I like Avalon, I really do. But when I read, she just seemed to be yelling a lot and it kind of made reading a tad bit annoying. Everyone can hear you, Avalon. No need to scream, haha.
   I did love her curiosity to find the truth and uncover the secrets. She's one determined girl, and I wish I could say that if I was in her situation, I'd do the same. You never know until you're in the situation if you'd do the predictable or the unthinkable.
   Ilium is AWESOME. He's definitely not the hottest guy, but he's the most caring and he's definitely smart. I just love him and how he's not the typical "dark and mysterious" guy. And after what happens to him at the end of the book? WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN?!?! Nicole, I need this sequel now!!
   The only think about this book that I didn't particularly favor is the fact that I didn't really feel any chemistry between Kael and Ilium with Avalon until the end of the book. Though I was always rooting for Ilium, I didn't feel anything until about 60% of the way into the book. I wish I felt more chemistry and the build-up towards their relationship more. I'm glad though, that at the end I did feel it more because now it makes me want to get my hands on the second installment ;)
   I love the huge science-fiction part of the book. You may not totally see it while you read, but at the end, it's like you figure out this entire time that it had a major part in the book. It's just like *mind blown*
   AND THE FREAKIN' ENDING. WHAT. WHATTT?! Major plot twist guys, I can't even explain. All I can say is that you guys need to get the book and read it!!
  Thank you Nicole for letting me review! Do let me know when you have the sequel ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment